Thursday, February 04, 2010

Pools of Pearls

No doubt about it, I just love pearls. Weird though, while I have always loved them, what I love most is the irregular-shaped baroque styles. Little oddballs, I suppose. Being a bit on an oddball myself, I guess I always identified with the little off-round oddities. We're talking pearls here, people!


Today, there were rivers and rivers and rivers of freshwater pearls to paw through and select. This year I got various shades of browns, mocha, sage greenish and cream. Mostly ringed varieties, since that's the shape I am drawn too. I did take a few pix of just some of the choices. Do you think Donna Reid aka Mrs. Clever would have liked those in the first pix? Nah, she would have only liked those from the second pix, I believe. Somehow I don't think she would have dared to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment